August 19, 2011

I don't want to!

Recently I've been sounding a lot like a two-year-old. I don't have one of those yet, but I know how they act and what they sound like.

As a full-time mom, it is hard for me to also be a part-time nurse. I work part-time at a local hospital usually 2-3 times a week. It is so hard for me to leave my family and go to work!

I've never been a huge fan of going to work. I know I sound lazy, but I'm really not. I have so much I would like to do at home that I hate going to work.

The #1 reason I don't like going to work is leaving my baby girl. I miss her so much while I'm at work. When she was just a newborn, I would get all choked up and cry just in anticipation of leaving to go to work. Now that she's a little older, it's not quite as tough, but it still is hard for me to leave her at home and not take her with me.

It's hard because I work in the evenings and during the night so when I go to work, I miss being able to put my baby girl to bed. I love that time of day!

I love nursing her before bed, then reading books, then rocking, then cuddling while I hold her.

I love feeling her warm dreamy breath on my cheek, I love looking at her droopy eyelids.

I love putting her in her crib and watching her roll over onto her side or tummy and give that one last huge yawn before she's asleep.

And I miss that when I'm at work.

What motivates you to go to work? I mean I know that earning money is important, but I wish I could freeze time while I'm away so that I wouldn't have to miss out on these precious moments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...